Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Monday 3 June 2013

Gone Fishing with a Fisherman's Friend




Good afternoon everyone, and a big welcome to my new followers.  What a fabulous day we are having here in Somerset, a shame to be in crafting but it has to be done.  Today I completed my "F" page for the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge, my chosen word/words are fished, fishing, fishes.
 

I started my page by adding a silhouette of  a fisherman(boy) and his dog, having added this I decided to keep the theme black and white. I gathered together some fishing associated bits and pieces from the internet, then thought how to place them on my page.


Using hands cut from a piece of Docrafts Chronology paper (darkened a little with black soot DI) I placed  a fish in the middle of them and the word whopper, this was placed underneath the "fisherman's tale definition.   In drew round the fished definition bringing the line down to a float, did the same with the "F"  and a smaller floats.  The fly was also attached to a drawn casting line.  A ruler (free stamp from Craft Stamper years ago) was stamped under the (very large) fish and also down the "F".  Lastly I added the fishing associated words which had been printed on the computer and a little black soot DI to highlight areas.





I am quite pleased with this page, it would be my dad's birthday this month as well as Father's Day and as he was a keen fisherman for most of his life, my page is dedicated to him.

Hope you all enjoy the nice weather we are having, I am away for a few weeks so hope it continues.

29 comments:

  1. WOW Sylv this is stunning! I love these pages very much.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page!What a super idea! Love all the little extras too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this it is so different, great design.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sylv it's fabulous.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page Sylv, so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sylv. Love the black and white. Fun images

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pages, love the little boy fishing and the whopper fish with the ruler !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages, you should be MORE than pleased x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful - I love your silhouette - how perfect and the right hand page is so much fun!! Where to begin one hardly knows but I will tell you I love the whole creation and that is no whopper!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have done this beautifully Sykv.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks brilliant xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design Sylv - very unusual - lovely. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous - simply fabulous - Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant ideas! Well thought out
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the page ,a great idea..x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great page and what a lovely idea to dedicate it to the memory of your father. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super tribute to your Dad. Mine died 15yrs ago near Father's Day so a poignant time for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, beautiful! Love the stamps and the LO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...fabulous F pages Sylv...and a wonderful tribute to your dad too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning B&W page Slyvia!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is brilliant - love the silhouette stamp and all the images are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that's a fantastic page :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a stunning piece Sylv. I love the silhouette image and all the other elements work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful silhouette to start off your pages with! And more wonderful additions to complete your beautiful work for the challenge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just visiting the F pages...
    fabulous spread
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning pages Sylv, I love the images and the black and white theme works beautifully. Lol I love fishing, never ever thought I would be able to stomach baiting up with live maggots but I did it!!
    Thank-you so much for your sweet visit too.
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your almost black and white page that fits perfectly well to the lovely image on the left... Well done Sylv !! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lots of clever ideas, love the silhouette stamp againt the text background -very effective-, great page !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great page Sylv!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete