Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 18 August 2013

A sketch and some Neapolitan Ice Cream


Good afternoon blogland, followers and friends, today I have been making a card for the Passion for Promarkers challenge where the theme is use the sketch below.  I also wanted to enter the Charisma Cardz Challenge which is "Ice Cream".  It's some time since I entered a card into either challenge and as usual I only have one day before the end of the Promarker challenge.



Here is what I came up with for my ice cream card using the sketch, my flavours are vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.



I made a top fold card 15cm x 15cm using kraft card which I purchased from The Papermill Direct.  The images are from Pinkpetticoat and I printed them onto kraft card and cream textured card (again from Papermill) and coloured them with Promarkers.  I cut a piece of pink ribbed card, bought years ago from Craftwork Cards, slightly smaller than the card blank and sewed round the edges then distressed them a little.  The cream and printed kraft card were sewn together adding a strip of cream ric rac.  The ice cream image was layered onto kraft and pink card and sewn round too.  The sentiment, again Pinkpetticoat, was printed in brown and cut out with a circle die then mounted onto a kraft circle.  The elements were attached to the card and three pearls were attached to the top corner, I added some Glamour Dust to add some sparkley sprinkles and glossy accents to the cherries.



An insert was made for the card with pink and cream paper printed with the ice cream and sentiment then coloured with Promarkers.

Can I say a big thank you to all you lovely ladies who have commented on my last three posts, your comments are much appreciated.  Busy with the grandchildren for the next fortnight but will try get round you all to return the compliment.

19 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Sylv! Great ice cream images and colour tones, fab stitched details and great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg thats fabulous!! I love the icecreamy feel to it!! yum!!
    thank you so much for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, that ice cream looks yummy and good enough to eat. Love the colours and papers too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the song goes - truly scrumptious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card Sylv. Looks good enough to eat.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant card, love the colour tones images and the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love those sweet (really sweet! :) stamps! hugs Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a yummy card and looks good enough to eat Sylv :)
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Sylv, love the stitching and the lovely colours, very clever card xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this (good enough to eat!) A gorgeous colour palette and perfect summer images too.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, I love the idea of using a coordinated image on the strip.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog



    Happy Crafting!



    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card the icecream cone is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't mind if I do, yummy, fabulous card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sylv, what a gorgeous card. I love your yummy image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, I love the pink and brown colour combo and the layout is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ummm, good enough to eat. Love the colours and the stitch details. I really must get on a better footing with my sewing machine.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is very beautiful Sylv.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete