Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Sunday 4 August 2013

Let your Dreams Soar Birthday Boy


Today I have a card I made last night for my son who's birthday is next wek.  This year I have been so behind with my birthday cards most of them are being made a few days before the event so ideas that pop into my head not pre-designed cards adapted for the recipient.   


This is a no frills card, my boys do not like fussy.  I embossed my card blank with a Papermania tri-bosser folder and coloured with broken china and scattered straw distress inks.  The indigo blue balloon stamp was stamped in brown Stazon and clear embossed on kraft card, the top of the balloon was bleached out and coloured with the distress inks.  The trees were stamped in brown Stazon onto a strip of cream card and added to the card with the image at an angle over it.  Happy birthdy was stmped on the watch (didn't quite manage to gt it on the rim) and the computer generated tag was attached with sticky pads and embellished with brown rhinestuds.  The cream insert was edged with distress ink and a tag  printed on it with the words Happy Birthday. 

Here is another quick card  for my nephew who is eleven.  I used a digi image from Pollycraft ,  the wording and image were printed directly onto the card and coloured with Promarkers, greeting and image printed on the insert too.  Very simple and quick card.


The card for my son uses some of my favourite colours, I am using kraft and cream a lot recently must think of Christmas cards next, maybe cream, kraft and red, we will have to see.

14 comments:

  1. very beautiful card Sylv.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant male cards, stunning colours too.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous cards Sylv. Love the background of the first card and the fabulous image on the second.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your son will love his card. Love the background and main image. A great one for your nephew too, great image and love the font

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great card Sylv! I try to do that too & fit the card to the person as opposed to the person to the card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 amazing, boys card, Sylv, really love that balloon one, top notch hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards for men/boys - especially like the eleven year old's!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your manly cards are wonderful! great work Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. super wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards love them txx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That triboss folder is fab. Must try and get that one. Great cards. Love the mixed fonts on the digi card

    ReplyDelete