Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Thursday 13 March 2014

Envelope Pocket Book



Good afternoon friends, followers and passers by, today I have my Papermill Direct DT Blog Post for you.   I have a short tutorial for you on how to make an envelope pocket book, ideal for keeping your stamp/digi images, quotes and greetings or for storing tags, ATCs or postcards.




This came about when I had a disastrous envelope run for some wedding invitations.  There were quite a lot of wasted envelopes and I didn't want to throw them away so stuck two envelopes together making a page with a pocket on each side. The envelope pocket is ideal for storing all matter of bits and pieces.




Here are a few photographs to show you how I put everything together. 




Take two envelopes and stick together front to front as above and below




Remove the envelope flaps leaving a double sided pocket




I covered the front of the pockets with patterned paper, a template was made by placing a piece of card into the envelope and drawing round the top of the opening.  Cut out the V shape and trim to fit




This is a fabulous way of using up those freebie paper pads, I slipped a square of paper into the pocket as well as covering the front




Make a cover  for your book using thick card, (I used thick card from The Papermill) cover with paper, paint, stamping or die cuts.  Punch holes in the pockets and cover then fasten together with jump rings, or with a Bind It All machine.




I finished my pockets with a little distress ink and stamped quotes.



A very quick and easy make, and for me a great way to use my wasted envelopes.

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sylv....this is fab. Such a great idea, and with all the paper pads I have lying around, the possibilities are endless! Love the colours you've chosen for the front cover too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous project - what a great idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tutorial and a great idea. Loving the front of the book.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea Sylv, loving the colour of the cover too xx Zoe zz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun great project thanks for sharing too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great project looks beautiful Sylv.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, thanks for the tutorial photos. It turned out lovely. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea Sylv. Love this clever project.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project - great idea - love your papers and the cover is super!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow awesome hun and ty for sharing x

    ReplyDelete