Personalised Christmas Cards 2016

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Brushos, Tissue And Getting Messy


A quick post today with a few creations using the brusho patterned card I made last Friday.  I made a a few more backgrounds, as well as a small canvass, at the Easter Compton (Bristol) craft workshop held by Barbara Daines on Saturday.  We played with brushos and also made some backgrounds using the bleeding tissue technique.


 I used a variety of card with the brushos, these backgrounds were on watercolour card, the stamps are Stampers Anonymous "Flower Garden" stamp set and Darkroom Door "String Sentiments".   The images were mounted on black card before adding to my card blanks - white linen and white hammer from papermilldirect.

  
These two cards were made with brusho backgrounds made at the workshop, Stampers Anonymous "Papillion" and Inkylicious "picture Perfect" stamp sets.
 

Two blue and green backgrounds on linen cardstock and last of all some work in progress.  I will be away until next Tuesday visiting family so they will have to wait until I get back.


Back again soon with some cards made with the Silhouette, and the rest of the work in progress.

Thursday, 9 July 2015

Back In The Swing Of Things Again

 

Hello everyone, I am back after what seems an age and managing to get some happy crafting done.  Normality has returned to our household, Peter is recovering well and my stress levels have dropped considerably,  this week I have been able to get into my craft room (which has had to be turned into a bedroom again - long story!) and get to my crafting stash.

Spent a few hours getting messy with Brusho Paints today and hope to get something made tomorrow when my card is dry.





This is my favourite piece, Oak House Studio pearly silver ink spray and brusho paints on scrunched cling film.
 


Also managed a couple of cards using the tissue paper technique.   Heart shaped tissue shapes, Visible Image stamp and papermilldirect card.  The images didn't stamp as I would have liked as my ink pads have decided to dry out because they have been neglected for so long, or could have been my impatience in letting the tissue image dry!.
 

Out came the Silhouette cutting machine too but the cut outs need to be put together, watch out for another blog post from me soon.