Personalised Christmas Cards 2017

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Cool Dude 9th Birthday Card


Good morning everyone, today I have my papermilldirect DT post, a birthday card for a nine year old. a fun card using a variety of papermilldirect plain and textured card, Tim Holts mini cats and dogs stamps and Sizzix dies.  I sometimes find it hard to make cards for younger children but fun stamps like these make it a little easier.



I stamped one of the dog images, balloon, sunglasses and a bow tie onto a scrap of hopsack card, coloured them with distress oxides then used the matching dies to cut them out.



A star die was used to cut three rows of stars from the center of the buff card, the sentiments were stamped and a white embossed star added to the center with a stamped and die cut number 9. 

The buff card was added to a square of white linen card then to the yellow card blank.  The glasses and bow tie were added to the dog and glossy accents added, when dry the dog was added to the card with 3D sticky pads.  

Details of dies and stamps used can be found on the papermilldirect blog here.

Sylv xx

 

12 comments:

  1. fantastic and great card Sylv and very cute
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sylvia this is a stunning card I just love it that doggy is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute Sylv, made me smile instantly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card for a boy Sylv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've put this together, with the embossed star, big numeral and the cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card Sylv. Great dog stamp and starry backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great card for a youngster.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous creation Sylv! I'm so sorry I've not been commenting on your posts but I am now a follower so I shan't miss any more of your wonderful creative posts! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card for a nine year old - spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. I have the crazy birds and cats....must dig them out again, they make such fun cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards Sylv xx Jan

    ReplyDelete